Author & Publisher
Daughter of Dr. Gaede:
Alaska Bush Pilot Doctor in
Seward, Soldotna, Kenai
- July 2, 2021, 9am - Noon: Meet the Author at Faith and Life Bookstore in Newton, Kansas. Come on by. I'd love to say "Hi"!
- September 19, 2020, 2 - 3 pm: Presentation and Booksigning, sponsored by Friends of the Seward Library, at the Gateway Hotel / Event Center in Seward, Alaska.
- November 14, 2020, 1 - 3 pm: Presentation and Booksigning, at Books Are Awesome bookstore in Parker, Colorado.
- February 2, 2019: Corn Bible Academy German Feast, at Corn, Oklahoma. At age 15, my parents sent me from Alaska to this small boarding school in Oklahoma; both as an experiment and so I would be immersed in my Mennonite background. I made great friends and now I'll be back for their annual Mennonite eating fest, quilt auction, and silent auction. One of my books is in the Silent Auction. Let's talk over verinika, cherry moos, sausage, or pie! (I'll have books available for purchase, too.)
- May 11, 2019: Fairbanks, Alaska. Alaska Coffee Roasting Company, 2:00 – 3:00 pm. If you are in the area, please stop in. I'd love to chat. I'll have books with me if you're interested. Deal of the day will be $20 cash for any title.
- May 13, 2019: Pioneers of Alaska, Kenai Senior Center, Kenai, Alaska. 6:00 pm potluck, 6:30 pm presentation of "Alaska Bush Pilot Doctor." In 1961, Naomi Gaede Penner's father, Dr. Elmer Gaede, joined Dr. Paul Isaak in Soldotna, Alaska. The two doctors encountered numerous humorous and harrowing medical experiences on the Kenai Peninsula. Come hear Naomi tell stories and read excerpts from her book, "Alaska Bush Pilot Doctor." Following the short presentation, attendees will be invited to join in with questions and discussion.
- May 14, 2019: Kenai Senior Center, Kenai, Alaska at 10:30 am. "When Things got Tough, she got Tougher: School Teacher in Tanana, 1957—1960." Presentation with book excerpts from "'A' is for Alaska: Teacher to the Territory." If you can't make at 10:30 am, I'll be staying for lunch and conversations.
- July 14-31, 2019: Soldotna, Alaska
- September 25 – 28, 2019: Kodiak, Alaska at the Alaska Historical Society Conference. I am so excited about attending this conference and learning more about Alaska's history through workshops, presentations, and personal contacts.
- April 7, 2018: Books and book signing at the Gaede Pie Booth during the Mennonite Relief Sale & Auction on the Fresno Pacific University campus in Fresno, California.
- August 16, 2018: Books, book signing, and "Frontier Doctor's" DVD available after the Old-Timers Lunch honoring Dr. Elmer Gaede and Paul Isaak, at the Kenai Senior Center in Kenai, Alaska. Call the Senior Center at 907-283-4156 for reservations to the lunch.
- April 21 and 22, 2017: Bookselling and signing at the Kenai Peninsula History Conference, Kenai Peninsula College in Soldotna, Alaska
- May 4, 2017 from 10:00 - 11:00 am: Slides, artifacts, Q & A on From Kansas Wheat Fields to Alaska Tundra: a Mennonite Family finds Home at Larkfield Place in Wichita, Kansas
- May 5, 2017: Bookselling and signing at The Country Register booth, at the Kansas Sampler Festival in Winfield, Kansas
- June 11 to 14, 2017: Local Tour guide for the Road Scholar Alaska's Playground program
- June 18 to 21, 2017: Local Tour guide for the Road Scholar Alaska's Playground program
- August 20 to 23, 2017: Local Tour guide for the Road Scholar Alaska's Playground program
- August 27 to 30, 2017: Local Tour guide for the Road Scholar Alaska's Playground program
- November 8, 2016 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm: Author Talk on 'A' is for Alaska: Teacher to the Territory and 'A' is for Anaktuvuk: Teacher to the Nunamiuts at the Parker Library, Parker, Colorado.
- April 5, 2016 from 2:30 - 4:30 pm: Slides and book readings of Alaska Bush Pilot Doctor and Homesteader for Fresno Pacific University Council of Senior Professionals, at Fresno Pacific University in Fresno, California.
Faith and Life Bookstore in Newton, KS
Workshop "Simply — Writing Down Personal Stories"
Research in Tanana, AK
Annual Salmon Bake & Fly-By at Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum in Anchorage, AK
Research in Anaktuvuk Pass, AK
Elk Meadow Elementary in Bend, OR
Cessna Aircraft Company in Wichita, KS
Speaking at Tabor College